Sunday, January 3, 2010

A look back onto 2009


Happy New Year everyone! We can hardly believe it's 2010! Time to set those New Year Resolutions! We have already set a few ourselves! Now, we have to help each other stick to them! 2009 came and went fast! We enjoyed every moment with our family and friends through the Holidays! A lot happened in 2009. We celebrated a lot of birthdays! Joy turned 23. Bradley, 24. Joy's youngest brother, Bobby turned 16! Kellea and Daniel turned 21! Michael turned 18! Kenneth 17 and got his first "real" girlfriend. John turned 27! (wow) And our nephew Zackie turned one! We had two open heart surgerys in the family; Joy's dad and our nephew Zachary. Which both of them recovered very well! Praise be to God! We celebrated our one year of marriage on May 25th!! Along with John and Shannon on July 19th! We got another Papillon puppy, named Bella. Having two puppies has been great! Max and Bel give each other great company and help ware one another out! They have high spirits and are great companions for us! A lot of our friends had babies!! Crazy how fast time has gone by! That all of us are getting married and having babies! We can't wait 'til that day comes for us! Joy's parents divorced in January...That has been pretty hard on all 5 kids. Seeing your parents split after 29 years of marriage and 5 kids later, is never easy. We are trusting in the Lord. And pray the best for both parents. Joys mom was diagnosed with Lupus. after several months of pain and her not being able to get out of bed, losing her job, struggling to keep fevers down. She finally found out what was going on. She has been on different medications to try to get her symptoms to not be so bad. Right now she is on a LOW dues of chemo. The doctor is working with her to see what works for her. We are just praying that her symptoms get better, so she can live a normal life. We lost a few loved ones. Bradley's great grandpa, Tommy. and step grandpa, David. Joy's grandpa, Russ. Losing them has been so hard. But we know we will see them again in Heaven one day!


Joy dyed her hair dark brown! looks great! We got a new car. A Dodge Avenger. Which we are both very grateful for! Joy also switched jobs from the Bank, back into daycare here in Forney. It's been a very great job! Joy loves working with children. We've both gone back to school. After a year break, having fun being married! Joy is studying to be a Sonographer and is expected to graduate in 2012. Bradley is working on getting his associates degree, in muti media. Bradley is still with SouthWest air lines and loves it! He works with a lot of great people! We've been very blessed woth his job! We are looking forward to what 2010 brings! We are praying for great health and happiness for all of us and our loved ones! Keep Christ the center of your lives! Pray faithfully and keep your loved ones close! Make it a great year!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori the Loser said...

Am I the first one to read this? Woo hoo, so cool! I love you both. I am so blessed to have you both.

January 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Wow, 2009 sounds like it was quite the year for you and your family! My heart broke when I read that your parents divorced and even more so to find out that your mom has lupus! On the bright side, it sounds like God has blessed you and Bradley abundantly this year. On a different note, I think you'll find that working at the daycare will give you some of the experience you need when you two finally have children of your own. I worked at a daycare for 2 yrs while in college and I feel like that experience truly helped me in being a 1st time parent. Lastly, I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. I feel for you as I have experienced divorce w/ my own parents and the loss of a loved one. Let me know if you ever need to talk! Love you!- Meredith Sather

January 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great recap

January 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lori! We love you and we are blessed to have you in our lives! John, as you know...I could have kept going on and on! however, bradley really wanted me to come watch tv with him and it took me about an hour or more to write just that! I was having difficulties with the blog! But I'm glad you liked the recap!
Meredith, thank you so much for your encouragement. 2009 surely was a busy year! Almost more so than 2008! (which was my wedding!) It was very sad when my parents divorced. As you know, its never an easy thing. I pray that they find healing. We want the very best for them. It was pretty shocking when we found out that my mom had lupus. But it was kind of a good thing to find out because we had no idea what was wrong with her! God did bless us beyond measures in 2009. like He always does! We always have many things to be thankful for! I am VERY thankful that my family is all still alive and healthy! And Bradleys family too! I too think that being in daycare will be a really good thing for me in having children of my own. I'm learning so many things and I am learning to have much patience. : ) I've actually been in daycare for 3 years now. I really enjoy it. Children are rewarding and always (almost always lol) happy to see you! it definitely is giving me some experience! Along with helping out with my nephew! and when I helped with my little brothers! Thank you for keeping my family in your prayers. And I will surely take you up on the talking! Thanks! much love!

January 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger The Aggie Gardners said...

Joy it is so good to read about what all is going on in your life. I was so suprised to hear about the changes in your family, I will be praying for your mom and your family. God bless!

January 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Brad and Joy Smith said...

Thanks Jennifer! We never go through hard times alone. : ) That's always a reassuring thought, when you face troubling times. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog update! When I get more time I'm going to post more! Hopefully more often then I seem to be doing! I hope everything is going well in your life! seems to be! Thank you for your prayers : )

January 7, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home