Monday, February 1, 2010

Update on class, thus far:

2 weeks ago, I hated my math class. I got out of class crying to Bradley, then even posting on FB that I was thinking of not going anymore. It was my first time in a "real" school setting. I didn't expect to have to speak infront of everyone. It made me nervous.  I'm always too hard on myself. I spent ALL week dwelling on this math class. I couldn't be awake without thinking of it every minute! It was awful. Until one night.... Bradley lifted up my spirit. He told me how highly he thinks of me, how proud he is, how everyone can feel this way and that I'm smart and can do this. He gave me so much advice, strength and so much encouragement. Telling me to pray about it and go talk to my professor to see if he had any advice. On my way to class last Wednesday night, I turned on my uplifting music. Then listened to a song that carrie underwood sings. "he's so good" (thinking of how good Bradley is and GOD) I prayed the whole way to class, then in class, allll the way through class. And what did you know!? I made it through! I went to talk to my teacher at the end of class. I told him of how I've been homeschooled my whole life and that I was just very overwhelmed by having to speak infront of others. That I WANTED to over come this. What would his advice be. He actually made me feel good too (not as good as Bradley though, of course!) He told me he always felt that way too and still does sometimes. He told me that when he comes to me, that I can give a signal (like thumbs up) if I want to speak. if not, to RUN OUT SCREAMING! haha, just kidding. he said I didn't have to speak if I wasn't comfortable. .Can it really be that simple? WOW AMAZING! Who would have thought, that all I had to do is tell people what I was feeling! I called Bradley right after class, yelling..."I LOVE MY CLASS!!!" wow....what a 180. It is true, that if we turn to Christ and call upon Him. If we pray, He will answer. God gave me such a WONDERFUL husband, who loves me so much to spend 30 minutes making me feel good. God is GOOD! and He is ALWAYS there for us, for me! I am excited that I am THIS much closer to getting my degree!! I hope I have another good day in class this week!!

Psalm 17:6 "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer"

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home